Tech News World, Contacts Samsung Galaxy, Windows 8, Nokia Lumia, Quad Core Smart Phones, HTC smartphone, Google Nexus, MacBook, PayPal

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom

Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom - Although I work in the office and a lot of work that makes me tired but still I make a blog Tech News World and still will update it for you because this is part of my hobby who likes the world of technology, especially about the gadget, now we will discuss first about Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom because it is the topic that you are now looking for, please refer to the information I provide in the guarantee for you,

Articles : Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom
full Link : Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom
Article Air Force, Article Base Housing, Article Cats, Article Clothes, Article Creativity, Article DIY, Article LDRs, Article McChord AFB, Article Military, Article Thrifting, Article Vintage, Article Washington,

You can also see our article on:


Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom

Since moving to Washington I've had a significant bedroom downsize. While the husband was deployed at was living at home, sharing an over-garage, converted attic bedroom (of like 400 square feet)with one of my sisters. Walk in closet, room for 2 twin beds, a couch, 3 chairs, a desk, a table to seat 4, a keyboard, etc. It was BIG. And now I live on McChord AFB with my husband in base housing. I love our house. It is little and cute. But did I mention little. I am not sure of the actual square footage, or the specific square footage of rooms, but our bedroom is a lil' thing. However, I adore living here and actually being in the same geographic location as my husband. It's great.

When I moved out here and he returned from Qatar we had NO furniture to our names. I shipped some dishes and blankets, packed my clothes in a suitcase and that was it. We spent weeks on an air mattress with a open sleeping bag as a blanket and all our clothes in piles and suitcases (and we were plenty happy about it after 2 years of long distance and 6 months of deployment). Eventually we got a (super nice) mattress, but had to wait on our bedroom set to come back into stock. Since then it has been slowly progressing and looking more and more like a home.

Due to the temporaryness of being in military housing, we have opted not to paint or hang curtains (because we have to return it to as was upon leaving), so the challenge is finding other ways to make our house look homey. Black/red/white/tan is my favorite color combo, and it is on the approved as "not too girly" list by the husband. Slowly, our bedroom is coming together. We've been here for about 5 months; not quite there yet, but well on the way.

Here's a lil' peak:
air mattress phase
 
mattress on floor phase
 
Finally, about 2 months in, we got some furniture.
Hard to get everything in a picture, but we got a set with bed frame, chest of drawers, dresser, and one night stand (and I, to this day, remain nightstandless. Still hunting.)
 
While I greatly miss my walk in closet, I am very thankful for the closet space this house has. Our room as two decent sized closets with sliding doors. Separate closets are wonderful! Guess whose is whose?
 
I think art is a key way to turning a space into a home. However, we (I) have yet to find some reasonably priced art fitting for the bedroom. The words over the window are a decal from Urban Outfitters ($19)  that just arrived by mail last week.
 
 My plan is to take one of my own photos, probably something regarding nature or architecture (hopefully from our upcoming 1st Anniversary trip to HAWAII!- more details soon!), make it black and white, blow it up and hang it over the bed.
 
Little bits and pieces also make a home more homey.
I swapped out the red dresser runner for my vintage hand made British flag.
I picked up a unique lamp for $5 at Goodwill.
 I continue to hoard throw pillows.
 
I also recommend finding yourself a rascally furbaby to shed on your blankets to add character to your home. Our furbaby finds a freshly made bed to be most exciting (jumps, runs, spins and digs) and cameras are also pretty fun to get in the way of.
 
As time and budget allows I hope to keep adding character and personal touches to our bedroom.
The husband was content once we had furniture, but for me it is all a little too...new...I hope to find some older, used and vintage pieces to mix it up a little.
 



so much information about Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom

hopefully information Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom can provide useful knowledge for you in getting information about the latest gadgets,

just finished your reading article about Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom if you feel this article useful for you please bookmark or share using link http://aziin5teens.blogspot.com/2013/04/home-tour-our-base-housing-bedroom.html for more people know

Tag : , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Home Tour: Our Base Housing Bedroom

0 comments:

Post a Comment